Wild Wonderful Weddings
Give Us a Call 561-703-7186



It will take about 3-6 weeks for you to receive your marriage certificate back at the address you provided at the time of the application.  A name change is not legally required and it does not happen automatically.  Once you receive your marriage certificate, if you decide to change your name, the Social Security Administration should be among the first to know.  The SSA will also inform the Internal Revenue Service.  
Others who need to know about the name change include:

*   Drivers license bureau
*   Passport agency
*   Employed
*   Retirement plans/ 401K
*   Health, auto, home and life insurance policies

This is not legal advice and the information may change without notice.